Stillman & Birn’s premium loose paper sheets offer artists full-size sheets to compliment our sketchbooks.
Artists can now use all Stillman & Birn sketchbooks in preparation for large scale works, practicing techniques for paintings and oversized drawings – with confidence that the materials and techniques will perform as they had in Stillman & Birn sketchbooks.
- A unique Mixed Media paper program giving artists a choice of paper weight, shade and surface/tooth
- Internal and surface sizing: Double-sized (from non-animal materials) for enhanced wet strength and glowing color
- “Drawing-friendly” surfaces suitable for a combination of drawing and painting techniques. Paper in each series supports:
- drawing with all lead types with fluid, unbroken strokes
- repeated erasures without damaging surface
- wide range of inking techniques without feathering
- blending and layering with colored pencils and pastels
- art projects from concept sketch to full art rendering using multi-media layering techniques
- Supports advanced wet media techniques including wet-in-wet, glazing, lifting, stretching, masking
- Archival quality (conforms to ISO 9706 standard for permanent paper), acid-free, chloride free, lignin-free